What is the best way to travel Europe?
Get Eurail tickets.
The Eurail Group G.I.E. is owned by a group of European rail carriers and shipping companies that sells passes and tickets for European railroads to non-Europeans.
Eurail Passes allows a passenger to have a near unlimited ability to travel on almost all European railroads and shipping lines at a fixed price per day of travel. Eurail sells a variety of passes, including :
- passes specific to two to five bordering countries.
- discounted passes for groups of up to five people travelling together.
- discounted passes for those between the age of 11 and 26.
- passes which provide unlimited travel in a fixed period.
- passes which provide a fixed number of days of travel in a longer period.
Eurail has ticket agents in all 6 continents of the world. Take for example, even a minor country like Malaysia has sales agents that sell Eurail tickets. As of 2006, countries covered include Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
Every purchaser of Eurail passes will receive :
- A free Eurail Traveler’s Guide containing a fold-out map of Europe and the European Train connections. It includes extensive information on traveling with your Eurail Pass in Europe. The traveler’s guide is also available in :
A. Set of Eurail country pins
B. Eurail radio with Step Counter
C. Dual time alarm clock, showing time at home and in Europe
Anyone is eligible to purchase a Eurail Pass except residents from the countries of Europe, the Russian Federation, Turkey, Morocco, Algeria, or Tunisia. A resident of a country is considered to be someone who has been living in a country for longer than 6 months.
The official Eurail website
List of Eurail sales agents
Find a Eurail agent near you