- Look at the chart and say the COLOR – NOT the word
- This is spooky – follow the directions
This is a left brain – right brain conflict. The right brain wants to say the color while your left brain insisits on saying the word.
- Run the attached program Spooky – .EXE 22kb
You may have to click run from current location, then OK. (Rest assured it’s virus free. I tried it out myself.)
- Place your hand on your desk, palm down.
- Stare at the center of the image for 20 seconds, and really concentrate.
- After the 20 seconds of intense concentration, look down at the back of your hand.
Read this sentence:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
Now count the F’s in that sentence. Count before scrolling down.
- A person of average intelligence finds three of them.
- If you spotted four, you’re above average.
- If you got five, you can turn your nose at most anybody.
- If you caught six, you are a genius
There is no catch. Many people forget the “of”s’. The human brain tends to see them as V’s and not F’s. Pretty weird, huh?
Optical Illusions & Mind Tricks
What do you really see?