Here’s a list of wise advise to live by written by Dave Barry 4 years ago. It’s called the Pearls of Wisdom and it took him 50 years to learn. Enjoy!
- Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
- If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be "meetings."
- There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
- People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
- You should not confuse your career with your life.
- Nobody cares if you can't dance well. Just get up and dance.
- Never lick a steak knife.
- The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
- You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
- You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
- There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
- The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above-average drivers.
- A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
- Your friends love you anyway.
Now here's a non profit organization that develops and provides free software that visualizes human development. Gapminder, the company behind the reports, have been collaborating with universities, UN organizations, public agencies and non-governmental organizations to gather data from all around the world to develop information that is free and enjoyable. Visitors can check out the statistics of human development trends on :
Here's a guy from Chicago, USA who lives in San José, Costa Rica with his wife and pets who has spent 3 years developing the perfect website for Costa Rica. Tim, the author, looks forward to be a source of correct accurate information about Costa Rica. He's done some traveling around and heard lots of nonsensical stuff about Costa Rica like
- "Don't drink the water in Costa Rica.",
- "You need to take typhoid shots to avoid getting sick.",
- "Malaria is rampant!"
- "Stay off the streets, the crime is awful!",
- "Costa Rican food sucks!",
Because of that, he's written articles, statistics, photographs, movie clips, tables, charts and 100% accurate information about Costa Rica. So if you ever plan to
- visit Costa Rica
- live in Costa Rica
- move to Costa Rica
- do business in Costa Rica
Tim's site is the site to be. If you wanna learn more about Costa Rican'
- internet, media, communications
- hospitals, health insurance, emergency services
- education, schools, universities, Spanish
- legal system, the constitution, politics
Tim's site is the site to be. Check it out!
The Real Costa Rica
The link to the great Costa Rica site!